Friday, March 27, 2015

About this blog

I have worked in the IT industry for 20+ years and my exposure to Linux has been almost zero. At least from a professional standpoint, that's the case.  I have years of experience building code and experimenting with software in the various flavors of Windows over those years, but when it comes to working in Linux I always feel like a complete noob.

Buying a Synology DiskStation about 4 years ago wasn't my first introduction to Linux, but it was the first time I had a dedicated device at home that I could tweak and hack on and actually make something useful for the family.

In working with that first DS211j I found that whenever I needed some help, much of the assistance I found came from searches that resulted in finding my answers in other people's blog posts.  It's only taken me 4 years, but maybe if I blog my various nerdy adventures in Linux, someone else will stumble across my blog and find something useful.  Maybe.

If nothing else, it's a roadmap that I can look back at when I ask the question "how exactly did I get to this point?"


No comments:

Post a Comment